Every time a new tax law gets introduced, it is increasingly important to understand its impact on our portfolio and, ultimately, on our taxes.
In this episode, Ed Slott joins Brad Swineheart to navigate the ins and outs of the SECURE Act 2.0 and its role within the new tax laws rolling out this year.
When navigating these changes, it’s common for consumers to skip over the fine print and not fully understand how their taxes will be affected. So, advisors, get ready to explore the world of taxes going into 2023 and how you can help your clients save on them.
Ed and Brad discuss:
- Ways the SECURE Act 2.0 is changing the regulations around RMDs
- Why high inflation can help us save on taxes
- What you should know about rollovers from 529 plans to Roth IRAs
- The importance of advisors supporting and assisting clients with their planning
- The value of building client-advisor relationships
- And more!
Connect with Ed Slott:
Connect with Brad Swineheart:
About Our Guest:
Ed Slott is a nationally recognized IRA distribution expert, professional speaker, television personality, and best-selling author. He is known for his unparalleled ability to turn advanced tax strategies into understandable, actionable, and entertaining advice. He has been named “The Best Source for IRA Advice” by The Wall Street Journal, and USA Today wrote, “It would be tough to find anyone who knows more about IRAs than CPA Slott.”